Sunday, March 05, 2006

Used To

So yesterday I decided to go out with my friends, just to enjoy the night and stay away from my books and my mid terms. The night is about to start and somhow through the conversation one person asked me how was my family doing, so I said well they are doing fine, ok you know they got used to it now. My friend from Palestiine smiled and said somthing that made me think of it for awhile...he said, "just like us, they got used to it..haha". I stopped myself to think of this. Its really somthing to feel scraed somtimes but once you live through it you just pass that level of fear and you start somthing else. Instead of fear it will be worriness. When I the gulf war happend I was only 10 years old. I remember waking up in the morning and there was no power, I went to wash my face and I heard Mama's voice saying go back to bed, there is no school today. I was upset, I asked why, she said the War started. I was scared because after all its considered as the first time for me to go through a war although I was born during the Iraqi- Iranian war but I was only a child, didnt remember alot of it. The gulf war passed by and everyday we were scared of dying in some attack. I was so scared but I got USED TO it. Then the Blockade happened and again we got USED TO it. All of a sudden we got into this war in 2003, by then when the talk of war started Mama prepared everything that we might need to survive the War, its like we just got USED TO it.. and now even though Im here and far from home, watching the news and hearing about someone getting killed or some car exploding here or there makes me angry, but then it passes just like everyday's life, simply because I got USED TO it.