Friday, March 17, 2006

In Memory of Atwar..May your soul rest in peace

I was in high school when I first met her. She sat there and she looked so elegant. It was my first time joining the student union, and had no idea of what I would be doing there. I asked her and she told me that I have to fill out some paper work and stuff. That was in 1997, It was good. After that we became friends, not really close but she was always nice to me, and to everyone. I went to college after that and didnt see her for quite a bit but I heard her news all the time through other friends I had. Just when I started working with the news there, I found out where her work was and I got to see her more. At the time she started working as a reporter for one of the Arab News Channels in Baghdad. She was smart, bright, sweet and she had the prettiest eyes ever. But when the tension increased in Iraq in the last couple of weeks, she was doing her work as usual. The mosque in North of Baghdad was attacked and destroyed. She was covering that story. They didnt even give her a chance, they shot her in her car. Some insurgents or whatever they call themselves. I cant say more about her, because whatever I would say its not enough...We will all miss you Atwar. You were good to us and God will be good to you...May your soul rest in peace, God bless you and all the Iraqis.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Soo sad..

She's with God now, a better place than any of us are right now.

R.I.P

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home